Week of January 17, 2022 KPI Summary
- This week, the industry experienced 9 ETF launches and 2 closures, shifting the 1-year Open-to-Close ratio to 5.35 and total US ETFs to 2,833.
- Last week was a down week for the ETF industry with a -4.30% decrease in assets, which continues the trend of 2022 thus far.
- Assets haven’t been below $6.83 trillion since October 17, 2021, just over 3 months ago.
- The 1-year open-to-close ratio must be highlighted again. It has reached another record high of 5.35.
- Both indexes dropped significantly over the last week, the Toroso ETF Industry Index was down -6.21% while the S&P Financial Select Sector Index trailed at –6.44%.
Xtrackers USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF 1C$ (ticker: XUHA)
-1x Short VIX Futures ETF (ticker: SVIX)
2x Long VIX Futures ETF (ticker: UVIX)
Amberwave Invest USA JSG ETF (ticker: IUSA)
US Global Sea to Sky Cargo ETF (ticker: SEA)
Direxion Daily Fintech Bull 2X ETF (ticker: FNTC)
Direxion Daily Oil Services Bull 2X ETF (ticker: ONG)
Direxion Daily S&P 500 Equal Weight Bull 2X ETF (ticker: EVEN)
Rareview Systematic Equity ETF (ticker: RSEE)
The Active Dividend Stock ETF (ticker: TADS)
Trend Aggregation ESG ETF (ticker: TEGS)
WisdomTree International Dividend ex-Financials Fund ETF (ticker: DOO) became
WisdomTree International AI Enhanced Value Fund (ticker: AIVI)
WisdomTree U.S. Dividend ex-Financials Fund ETF (ticker: DTN) became
WisdomTree U.S. AI Enhanced Value Fund (ticker: AIVL)
TETF.Index Performance vs. S&P Financial Select Sector Index
(as of January 21, 2022)
TETF.Index Performance vs. Other Leading Financial Indices
(March 31, 2017 through January 21, 2022)
Source: Morningstar Direct
Why Follow the ETF Industry KPIs
The team at Toroso Investments began tracking the ETF Industry Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in the early 2000’s and have been consistently reporting on, and analyzing these metrics ever since. The table above was the impetus for the creation of the TETF.Index, the index that tracks the ETF industry. Each week, we will share the statistics we believe to be the most useful for identifying industry trends, in addition to the performance of the TEFT.Index.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. This article is for informational and educational purposes only; is not intended to constitute legal, tax, accounting or investment advice; and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or service. Furthermore, the Indexes shown above are not investable. While Toroso has gathered the information presented from sources that it believes to be reliable, Toroso cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information presented and the information presented should not be relied upon as such. Any opinions expressed are Toroso’s opinions and do not reflect the opinions of any affiliates or related persons. All opinions are current only as of the date of initial publication and are subject to change without notice. All investment strategies and investments involve risk of loss, including the possible loss of all amounts invested.