Week of November 1, 2021 KPI Summary
- This week, the industry experienced 11 new ETF launches and zero closures, shifting the 2021 1-year Open-to-Close ratio to 3.41 and total US ETFs to 2,717.
- The ETF industry had positive performance last week and climbed past 7 trillion dollars in assets for the first time. We crossed the 5 trillion-dollar threshold nearly a year ago on the 11/15/20 KPIs and 6 trillion dollars seven months ago on 4/4/21 KPIs.
- To give perspective on the total US ETFs at those dates, there were 2,283 (+434 since 11/15/20) and 2,478 (+239 since 4/4/21).
- The ETF ER 12-month revenue has soared to $12.8 Billion during this run of inflows, an increase of $2.53 Billion since 4/4/21, when assets crossed six trillion dollars as previously mentioned.
- Both indexes experienced minimal change over the last week, the Toroso ETF Industry Index was up 0.60% while the S&P Financial Select Sector Index trailed at -0.61%.
Bitwise Crypto Industry Innovators ETF (ticker: BITQ)
ETRACS 2x Leveraged IFED Invest with the Fed TR Index ETN (ticker: FEDL)
ETRACS 2x Leveraged MSCI USA ESG Focus TR ETN (ticker: ESUS)
ETRACS IFED Invest with the Fed TR ETN (ticker: IFED)
Simplify Hedged Equity ETF (ticker: HEQT)
Adaptive Core ETF (ticker: RULE)
Impact Shares MSCI Global Climate Select ETF (ticker: NTZO)
iShares ESG MSCI USA Min Vol Factor ETF (ticker: ESMV)
Mindful Conservative ETF (ticker: MFUL)
Mohr Growth ETF (ticker: MOHR)
USCF Gold Strategy Plus Income Fund (ticker: GLDX)
TETF.Index Performance vs. S&P Financial Select Sector Index
(as of November 5, 2021)
TETF.Index Performance vs. Other Leading Financial Indices
(March 31, 2017 through November 5, 2021)
Source: Morningstar Direct
Why Follow the ETF Industry KPIs
The team at Toroso Investments began tracking the ETF Industry Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in the early 2000’s and have been consistently reporting on, and analyzing these metrics ever since. The table above was the impetus for the creation of the TETF.Index, the index that tracks the ETF industry. Each week, we will share the statistics we believe to be the most useful for identifying industry trends, in addition to the performance of the TEFT.Index.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. This article is for informational and educational purposes only; is not intended to constitute legal, tax, accounting or investment advice; and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or service. Furthermore, the Indexes shown above are not investable. While Toroso has gathered the information presented from sources that it believes to be reliable, Toroso cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information presented and the information presented should not be relied upon as such. Any opinions expressed are Toroso’s opinions and do not reflect the opinions of any affiliates or related persons. All opinions are current only as of the date of initial publication and are subject to change without notice. All investment strategies and investments involve risk of loss, including the possible loss of all amounts invested.