Week of June 6, 2022 KPI Summary
- This week, the industry experienced 7 ETF launches and no closures, shifting the 1-year Open-to-Close ratio to 4.90 and total US ETFs to 2,949.
- This week was a down week for ETF Assets (-3.83%), the lowest of Spring 2022.
- Two data points that jump out this week:
- 7 more ETF launches to make it +480 launches in the last 12-months, which averages over 9 per week. Over the last 12-months, the ETF industry is +65 in issuers as well.
- Revenue from Active funds is up to 11.56% of all ETF revenue. It has been gradually increasing from the start of the year, 9.67% on 12/31/21.
- Both indexes experienced a large drop this week, Toroso ETF Industry Index was down -6.19% while the S&P Financial Select Sector Index trailed at -6.75%.
Newday Ocean Health ETF (ticker: AHOY)
Gotham 1000 Value ETF (ticker: GVLU)
USCF ESG Dividend Income ETF (ticker: UDI)
Pacer Data and Digital Revolution ETF (ticker: TRFK)
Pacer Industrials and Logistics ETF (ticker: SHPP)
PIMCO Senior Loan Active ETF (ticker: LONZ)
V-Shares MSCI World ESG Materiality & Carbon Transition ETF (ticker: VMAT)
TETF.Index Performance vs. S&P Financial Select Sector Index
(as of June 10, 2022)
TETF.Index Performance vs. Other Leading Financial Indices
(March 31, 2017 through June 10, 2022)
Source: Morningstar Direct
Why Follow the ETF Industry KPIs
The team at Toroso Investments began tracking the ETF Industry Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in the early 2000’s and have been consistently reporting on, and analyzing these metrics ever since. The table above was the impetus for the creation of the TETF.Index, the index that tracks the ETF industry. Each week, we will share the statistics we believe to be the most useful for identifying industry trends, in addition to the performance of the TEFT.Index.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. This article is for informational and educational purposes only; is not intended to constitute legal, tax, accounting or investment advice; and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or service. Furthermore, the Indexes shown above are not investable. While Toroso has gathered the information presented from sources that it believes to be reliable, Toroso cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information presented and the information presented should not be relied upon as such. Any opinions expressed are Toroso’s opinions and do not reflect the opinions of any affiliates or related persons. All opinions are current only as of the date of initial publication and are subject to change without notice. All investment strategies and investments involve risk of loss, including the possible loss of all amounts invested.