Week of December 13, 2021 KPI Summary
- This week, the industry experienced 27 ETF launches and no closures, shifting the 1-year Open-to-Close ratio to 4.37 and total US ETFs to 2,798.
- In the last 3 weeks, total ETF assets are up 1.74%. While Traditional and Non-Traditional Index ETFs are up 1.39% and 1.16% respectively, Active ETFs are carrying the ETF universe with 11.97% growth.
- Active ETFs make up 4.02% of total ETF assets, the highest it’s ever been.
- In December 2020, Active ETFs also out-performed Traditional and Non-Traditional, so this is not abnormal. Active ETF assets increased 9.31% compared to its rivals averaging 3.85% growth.
- Again, we have to highlight a new all-time high 1-year open-to-close ratio of 4.37 and we are close to 500 ETFs launched in the same time frame.
- Both indexes experienced minimal change over the last week, the Toroso ETF Industry Index was down -1.42% while the S&P Financial Select Sector Index led at -1.25%.
Federated Hermes Short Duration Corporate ETF(ticker: FCSH)
Federated Hermes Short Duration High Yield ETF (ticker: FHYS)
MFAM Global Opportunities ETF (ticker: TMFG)
MFAM Mid-Cap Growth ETF (ticker: TMFM)
Donoghue Forlines Yield Enhanced Real Asset ETF (ticker: DFRA)
Goldman Sachs ActiveBetaÂ® Paris Aligned US Large Cap Equity ETF (ticker: GPAL)
JPMorgan Climate Change Solutions ETF(ticker: TEMP)
Sterling Capital Diverse Multi-Manager Active ETF (ticker: DEIF)
Blackrock Future US Themes ETF (ticker: BTHM)
BNY Mellon Sustainable Global Emerging Markets ETF (ticker: BKES)
BNY Mellon Sustainable International Equity ETF (ticker: BKIS)
BNY Mellon Sustainable US Equity ETF (ticker: BKUS)
John Hancock Preferred Income ETF (ticker: JHPI)
Valkyrie Balance Sheet Opportunities ETF (ticker: VBB)
WisdomTree Efficient Gold Plus Gold Miners Strategy ETF (ticker: GDMN)
The Gen Z ETF (ticker: ZGEN)
Grizzle Growth ETF (ticker: GRZZ)
Guru Favorite Stocks ETF (ticker: GFGF)
Rayliant Quantamental Emerging Market Equity ETF (ticker: RAYE)
Rayliant Quantitative Developed Market Equity ETF (ticker: RAYD)
UBC Algorithmic Fundamentals ETF (ticker: UBCB)
Direxion Daily Metals & Mining Bull 2X ETF (ticker: MNM)
Direxion Daily S&P Expanded Tech Software Sector Bull 2X ETF (ticker: SWAR)
Nationwide Dow Jones Risk-Managed Income ETF (ticker: NDJI)
Nationwide Russell 2000 Risk-Managed Income ETF (ticker: NTKI)
Nationwide S&P 500 Risk-Managed Income ETF (ticker: NSPI)
FPA Global Equity ETF (ticker: FPAG)
TETF.Index Performance vs. S&P Financial Select Sector Index
(as of December 17, 2021)
TETF.Index Performance vs. Other Leading Financial Indices
(March 31, 2017 through December 17, 2021)
Source: Morningstar Direct
Why Follow the ETF Industry KPIs
The team at Toroso Investments began tracking the ETF Industry Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in the early 2000’s and have been consistently reporting on, and analyzing these metrics ever since. The table above was the impetus for the creation of the TETF.Index, the index that tracks the ETF industry. Each week, we will share the statistics we believe to be the most useful for identifying industry trends, in addition to the performance of the TEFT.Index.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. This article is for informational and educational purposes only; is not intended to constitute legal, tax, accounting or investment advice; and does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security or service. Furthermore, the Indexes shown above are not investable. While Toroso has gathered the information presented from sources that it believes to be reliable, Toroso cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information presented and the information presented should not be relied upon as such. Any opinions expressed are Torosoâ€™s opinions and do not reflect the opinions of any affiliates or related persons. All opinions are current only as of the date of initial publication and are subject to change without notice. All investment strategies and investments involve risk of loss, including the possible loss of all amounts invested.